An example to illustrate the benefits of working with templates is a scenario where you identified an ad that is performing well and you want to tweak it slightly to see if you can get an even better performance. The templates will enable you to find the creative and targeting of that particular ad quickly and generate a new ad, whether it is the creative part or the targeting part, based on the old ad.
To get started designing your ad creative templates navigate to the “Create ads” tab.
1. Select what you want to advertise in the left hand sidebar. In this example we will select to advertise an external website.
2. A new window opens which is the template window you work with to create the creative template. Each of the different ad types has a special template window since they all require different content. Fill out all the fields and click “Save as template”.
3. Create a folder for your template for better organisation and structure.
4. Name your template and click Save
5. Your template will appear in the ‘Use template’ tab in left hand sidebar.
6. Right click on the template to use, open, rename, duplicate or delete the template.
Qwaya supports and recommends the use of templates for your targeting work. This means that you can save your targeting work as templates and use it again in the future for new ads. Since finding a good targeting sometimes takes time and requires fine-tuning, it is wise to save all your targeting work as templates. By doing so you will be able to reuse old targeting work and do changes to old templates instead setting up news ones from scratch each time you want to create a new targeting. This will save you time and help you find the correct targeting easier.
1. Click on “Set Targeting” and the “New targeting” button to activate the template window.
2. A new window for creating the targeting will pop up and here you will need to fill in preferences for your targeting. Click ‘Save as’.
3. Your template will appear in the left hand sidebar.
4. Right click on the template to use, open, rename, duplicate or delete the template.