Multiple Google Analytics profiles
You can connect one Google account to your Qwaya account. A Google user can have access to many Google Analytics accounts and each account can have many profiles. You can append one Google Analytics account per Facebook ad account. One Google Analytics account can manage multiple profile which means that you will be able to work with multiple Google Analytics accounts and profiles in one Qwaya account. For example. if you are managing four Facebook ad accounts, one for each country and you have one Google Analytics account per country website, you can add one account per ad account.
When you have connected your Google Analytics account and added the correct profile to your ad account we will be able to get the goal and transaction data for the campaigns and ads that you publish through Qwaya.
When you publish your ads through Qwaya we will automatically add the utm parameters to your url. We will also add a specific tag that enables us to pull the goals and transaction data from your Google Analytics account. This tag is unique per ad and without it we are not able to show the Google Analytics data in your Qwaya account. We can add this tag and the utm parameters to all ads driving traffic to an external website.
How often do we download your data?
We download Google Analytics data every 15 minutes. If you are not seeing your latest stats please click on ‘Download – Stats for visible campaigns’ in the upper right corner in ‘My Campaigns’.
If you don’t have a Google Analytics account you can create one for free on the Google Analytics’ website.Google analytics goals are straight forward to set up. To do this you typically specify a web page that the user reaches when they complete the goal. If you are selling products, then the ‘thank you’ page after the user has completed a transaction is a good example. Google allows you to specify multiple goals. Qwaya will show each goal completion in the goals column irrespective of which of the goals it is and you will therefore see the aggregated goals in Qwaya. On Google Analytics’ website you can learn more about goals.
Google analytics ecommerce tracking is a bit more complicated to set up but it provides more details than the goal tracking and it is more reliable. With ecommerce tracking you specify each order the user makes and you can add individual products to the order. Each product has a cost and these are summed up into a total order value. Qwaya will count each order as one transaction and the revenue is the sum of the order values for all transactions. On Google Analytics website you can learn more about ecommerce tracking.
Qwaya shows goal completions in the goal column and ecommerce orders in the transaction column. We do not report on the individual products that make up an order. The order value associated with an ecommerce tracking order is shown in the Revenue column. There is no order value associated with goal completions. As a result you can use both goal tracking and ecommerce tracking at the same time. For example, you can use the goal tracking to determine the number of downloads of a white paper and the ecommerce tracking to track the number of sales.
1. Give Qwaya access to your Google Analytics account
In order for Qwaya to access your tracking data you need to give it permission to do so. This is done by providing Qwaya with a Google access token. To do this follow these steps:
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Google Analytics’ in the drop-down menu.
- If you don’t have connected an access token, click on ‘Add access token’ and you will be redirected to Google.
- Login to Google with the Google account that has access to the Google Analytics profile that you want to use with Qwaya. Click continue when you have chosen the correct account.
- You will be prompted to grant access to Qwaya (formerly called Keybrokersocial) to get access to your Google Analytics data. Click ‘Allow access’.
2. Select the correct Google Analytics account and profile
A Google user can have access to many Google Analytics accounts and each account can have many profiles. You need to select the one you want to use.
- Click on the ‘Select GA account’ to the right of the ad account you want to enable tracking for.
- Select what account and profile you want to use and the currency that is used for this profile. Please note that you need to select the currency that you have set up in Google Analytics. If you input order values in US Dollars on your website, select USD in the drop down. If you select the wrong currency we will show the same numbers but with the incorrect currency symbol.
3. Add the Google Analytics utm parameters to the ad URL
We will automatically add the necessary utm parameters to the ad URL when you publish the ads through Qwaya. Start to set up your ads as usual and go through the Create Ad and Set targeting tabs. In the Publish Ads tab, please make sure the “Google Analytics tracking” option is checked in Tracking settings.
You can learn more about how we build the URL in this User Guide article.
4. Enable reporting
In order to see how many Goals or Transaction your Ad sets and Ads have generated please naviagte to the ‘My campaigns’ tab. Click on ‘Columns’ and select the Google Analytics option in the drop down menu.
Choose to show Goals (for Google Analytics goals) or Transactions (for Google Analytics orders) or Revenue (for Google analytics order value) by checking the box next to the name. You can select more than one.