Create a campaign
In order to create and publish ads to Facebook through Qwaya you need a Facebook user account and a Facebook ad account. If you don’t have an ad account Facebook will automatically create one if you go to their advertising page.
In these videos you can see how to set up a campaign using Qwaya.
Step 1 – Set up your ad creatives
Step 2 – Set up your target audience
Step 3 – Create the campaign, set up bidding, tracking and publish your ads to Facebook
Below you can find a detailed description on how to set up a campaign using Qwaya.
- Login to Qwaya using your email login and password.
- Click on the ad account you wish to work with. If you haven’t connected your Facebook account you can learn more about it in this article.
- Go to ‘Create Ads’ and select what you want to advertise from the left hand sidebar. In the sidebar you will be able to see the Facebook pages you are an admin of and you can also select to advertise an external website or a mobile/desktop app. In the following example we will show you how to create a news feed ad for your external website, an Unpublished Page post – Link ad. Since all the content that is placed in the news feed needs to come from a Facebook page, you need to start to click on the Page that you want to be the sender of the ad.
- Select to create an Unpublished Page post – Link ad. Here you can insert the display link, select the call-to-action button and fill out the other ad creative fields. You can enter multiple post links, post texts, headlines, descriptions and images. Qwaya will then create one ad for each combination. This means you’ll be able to A/B test what landing page or image that works the best.We recommend you to not create more than 10 ad creatives in each ad set. In the bottom of the pop-up you can select where on Facebook you want to show the ad, desktop, mobile, news feed or right hind side.
Click ‘Save as’ in order to save your ad creatives as a template. When you save your ad creatives you can re-use them and edit them.
- Click ‘Create’ in order to use the ad creatives. You will then see them in the ‘Create Ads’ view. You can hover over the placement in order to see your preview.
- Proceed to ‘Set Targeting’ to select who should see your ad. Click on ‘New Targeting’.
- The targeting window will appear where you can start filling out your targeting preferences. Country is the only mandatory part in the targeting pop-up. You can learn more about the different targeting options in our Targeting section. Select to Save your targeting as a template in order to re-use and edit the targeting.
- Click ‘Create’ in order to use the targeting.
- Your targeting will appear in the main targeting view.
- Proceed to ‘Publish ads’ in order to create your campaign, allocate budget, select bid type and set max bid. Click on ‘Generate X ads’.
- The campaign pop-up will open. Type in the campaign name, Ad set name and select start and end time and set your campaign budget. Select bid type and add your tracking in the ‘Tracking Settings’ tab. Press ‘Generate X ads’ and the ads will appear in the preview window.
- To publish your campaign to Facebook, click on ‘Publish X ads’ and your campaign will be published to Facebook. You’ll then find your ads for a short while in the Publishing queue, until they’re placed in the ‘My campaigns’ tab.